See the map of the surrounding area.
From the airport:
By bus to city:
- Take the airport bus to Helsinki. Regional bus line 615 and 620 takes about 30 minutes to Hakaniemi.
- Where to get off: Hakaniemi/Siltasaarenkatu is the name of the stop closest to villa Elaintarha.
- routes, timestables and prices
By ferry from Sweden or Estonia:
There are 4 different ports of arrival: Länsiterminal, Olympiaterminal, Makasiiniterminal and Katajanokka terminal. Port of Helsinki website
When you arrive at the port of Helsinki by ferry, you can take the nearest tram to city center.
- Line 9 from Länsiterminal.
- Line 3 from Olympiaterminal and Makasiiniterminal.
- Line 4/4T from Katajanokka terminal.
- Buy the ticket from the driver if not bought in advance. Single ticket from the driver is approx. 3,50 euros.
- Where to get off: Hakaniemi/Siltasaarenkatu is the name of the stop where to hop off. Line 4 does not go to Hakaniemi.
By Train from Finland or Russia:
- The central railway station is walking distance to the residence (15-20 minutes). There is a route for pedestrians following the railways. Just head towards "Kaisaniemi park".
- Connections from the Central railway station: All the buses northwards and metro, as well as tram with line numbers 1, 3, 6, 7B and 9, will stop at Hakaniemi.
- More information
By foot from the Hakaniemi stop to the residence:
- At Hakaniemi (it is a market square) walk towards the round and brown building called " Ympyrätalo".
- Between the sea bay and Ympyrätalo you will find the street Eläintarhantie, which is the address to the villa.
- It is about 6-8 minutes walk from the Hakaniemi to the villa. When you see the sign café Piritta, you can see the villa. It is an old wooden house, coloured light beige.
- Please walk to the backside of the villa (northside), and there is the main entrance with doorbell. For check-in, please confirm the appointment in advance with the supervisor. Phone: +358 9 310 37005 Mobile: +358 50 551 3355.